My blogger friend Peter is having an obedience carnival. Unfortunately there are no funnel cakes or lemonade to enjoy while you read, so just pretend your coffee and toast is more exciting than it is. If you have been reading the Armchair QB posts, you know we are studying the book of Proverbs in church. Sometimes, looking at all the "shoulds" is very frustrating. I think we all want to be more than we are. The piece of obedience that I have been looking at, gnawing on, twisting to find the best angle, is how to be who I am, who my Father made me to be. I want to be good. I want to be articulate. I want to be needed, indispensable. I want to be loved by many. I want to be admired. I want to be memorable. Somehow, trying to live the principles of my faith has almost become a contradiction to those things. I need to be less. I need to elevate others. I need to be quiet. I need to be supportive. I need to be content rather than ambitious. I need to be loving rather than loved...
Comments