Joyous surrender


I have a way of forgetting this. I get so wrapped up in the drama and trauma that I forget to look for joy and laughter. My puppy reminds me of this as she gnaws on my arm. My friends remind me of this as we drink coffee and laugh like idiots at the local diner. My God reminds me of this when He places something silly in my path and I hear Him laughing. I surrender and laugh, too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too often, I forget my powerlessness and lose my sense of humility. Sure, there are things I can do about problems. I can throw my starfish back to the sea, but I can't realistically save an ocean-full. I'm not even sure it is my responsibility.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If it isn't practical, it isn't spiritual." Yeah, there may be some people who would take exception with this, but for me, if God wants something, I have noticed He finds a way to make it practical.
****************************************
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ in His Distressing Disguise

Blog Carnival-Seasons

Blog Carnival: Community