Little lost in my pride

Sometimes growth just seems to occur naturally, as during sleep, and then other times it seems only to happen thru struggle. Learning new behaviors fit into this. Just look at a toddler for a role model. They take awkward, halting steps at first toward a prized goal, but then they fall from lack of balance and coordination. Over and over they are willing to try to take those steps because they are so attracted to the face of their mother or father. Each bump and scratch are quickly forgotten when they again raise their eyes to that loving smiling face.

Why does it take me so long to raise my eyes toward that face? Why does it seem I must force myself to forget my hurts and look away from me to that face? Why do I always expect myself to walk, effortlessly, even during those first steps? Why does the goal seem worthless when my steps aren't sure-footed?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ in His Distressing Disguise

Blog Carnival-Seasons

Blog Carnival: Community