Wisdom from drunks


I like to think that I have a clue. And then God hands me a cup of coffee and tells me to shut up and listen.....


Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place or thing, or situation...some fact of life....unacceptable to me,and I can find NO serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in ME...and in my attitudes.


----From AA Big Book pg 449

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ in His Distressing Disguise

Blog Carnival-Seasons

Blog Carnival: Community