Insiduous




I was in a meeting the other night and the discussion was on the 7th step. For those of you who do not know, Step 7 is: We humbly ask Him to remove our shortcomings. One dude shared his understanding, and I was taken aback. I had always figured my shortcomings were part of me-intrinsic like eye color, skin color. I can be a prideful controlling bitch because that is who I am. So, for me, essentially I see this step as asking for God to make me better than I am-into the woman He intended me to be from the mess I am. I know I am a new creation in Christ, but taking this step to mean that as recovering woman, as this new creation-not my former self, with God's help I have the choice to continue in the path of growth or to continue acting like a knucklehead. The nuance is subtle, but it makes sense. Original sin-redemption-salvation-sanctification-that sort of thing came to mind....well, either way, it was enough to get me back to my stepwork :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ in His Distressing Disguise

Blog Carnival-Seasons

Blog Carnival: Community