Freedom



When I decided to see what God had to offer, I came across this verse that I have decided to own:

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1

A friend of mine tonight has become a slave again. In fact, I think of many people I love in slavery right now. Yet, they don't have to be. They just don't know how to receive Grace. I am not sure I did either. I had quit drinking and most of the insanity in my relationship by the time Christ found me, but I was still swearing like a sailor, still dreaming up ways to kill myself, still smoking...I was partially free, but I didn't think I could be "free-free." What is that anyway? Partially free=partially enslaved. Free=free.

I am free from those things today. It is all grace, certainly not me, but it hurts to watch others turn from grace. We can be so self destructive that freedom and grace are repulsive. We think we are so unlovable, so unforgivable, so beyond Him...even while we speak of faith. We want to believe, but it seems so unreal.

Father, I know you love my sisters. They are beautiful, creative, funny women. I see You in them. But I also see the darkness, Father, which threatens them, keeps them trapped and enslaved. Help them! Protect them! Save them! Save them from themselves. Show them Your heart as You have showed me. I am worried about them. The pain that they are going thru breaks my heart, as I know it breaks Yours. But, Father, I am so tiny in this world. I have very little strength or wealth, but You can do anything, everything! I entrust them to You, but You know I am persistent, and maybe a little annoying so I will be back. I will plead with You for these sisters, cry to You for these sisters, stand up to You about these sisters. I am not worth more than they are worth to You. Father, their wounds are deep. You are the only one who can heal them. Do not disappoint. I know You are a God of power and mercy. I know You care for us even before we know You. I love that You, the God of the Universe, chose to find me. Give them that Grace! Thank you for all the blessings we have received, and all those we will not understand until we meet You. Let Your will be done in all things, and be my all when I do not understand You will. Amen.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your firends will be in my prayers.

Popular posts from this blog

Christ in His Distressing Disguise

Blog Carnival-Seasons

Blog Carnival: Community