Can these bones live?

Having grown up "knowing" the Gospel, I worried that I missed my chance. Jesus doesn't specify whether the Sower comes by seasonally or if it is one time planting. But I guess I always saw it as an event rather than a season.

Thankfully, God has a sense of humor and is patient with me. It seems that the Sower came by many times, sometimes dumping bags on my head until a seed finally was able to take hold. Do you realize how lucky that makes me? I do, and sometimes I have to laugh at how awesome Father is and how loved I am.

I was telling the women at a local halfway house about this Grace-Period. This period of my life that is nothing but full of God's grace. Many of us tell parts of our stories that reflect when we should've been killed physically and we are amazed to still be alive, but like my story includes how dead I was spiritually and I am amazed to have life!

A woman from this house just called me. She wanted to talk after hearing me speak. She is a baby, just a couple months clean and a new Christian. She was sharing about her depression (you know, she just lost her best friend-drugs, and she misses the son that she gave up for adoption). We talked about how we are not alone in this stuff-she has me, but she also has Jesus and how deciding to rely on Jesus was a pivotal part of her recovery. How lucky am I that God can use me today?! Like, this is the stuff that blows my mind!


The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD and set me down in the middle of the valley; it was full of bones. And he led me around among them, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley, and behold, they were very dry. And he said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O Lord GOD, you know." Then he said to me, "Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live, and you shall know that I am the LORD." So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I prophesied, there was a sound, and behold, a rattling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone. And I looked, and behold, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them. But there was no breath in them. Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord GOD: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live." So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army. Then he said to me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Behold, they say, 'Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are indeed cut off.' Therefore prophesy, and say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will open your graves and raise you from your graves, O my people. And I will bring you into the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O my people. And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I am the LORD; I have spoken, and I will do it, declares the LORD." Eze 37:1-14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ in His Distressing Disguise

Blog Carnival-Seasons

Blog Carnival: Community