Things that make me go "Hmmmm"


Ok, so I just really like this dog. :)
Got back from Catalyst and have millions of questions and thoughts and will deal with them later. Prayer. That is where I left off here.
~~~~~~~~~
Lest you think differently, I pray a lot. Just because I ask questions doesn't mean I don't believe in it. I am just exploring. At the end of the first day of Catalyst I had this weird urging to get my friends to pray for the guys sitting beside me from New Hampshire. That's about all I knew about them, other than they were Baptists and this was their first Catalyst. Well, I tried to talk myself out of it, to talk God out of it. I mean, Dude, like, I was sitting with my pastor. He is like a pro at prayer. Why would God ask me to do it? Not being able to weasle my way out of it, I relented cuz I knew I would kick myself later, even if I was embarrassed now, but I wasn't getting anyone else involved in this. I would just pray for him myself. I asked the guy beside me if I could pray for him and you would think I gave water to someone in the desert. He rested, I saw it, seriously, in the thought of me, little goofy rebellious me, praying for him. So I did, and after he looked at me and said, "I was going to ask you guys to pray for me before you left."
*********
Crap! Crap, crap, crap. Did I blow it? Why do I get involved in this stuff? Geez, I better set this right.....
*********
I got my 3 friends to agree and we prayed with them, just like the urge had been from the beginning.
~~~~~~~~
Look, I don't know what is going on here, but I am gonna just hang and see what the Big Dude is up to for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ in His Distressing Disguise

Blog Carnival-Seasons

Blog Carnival: Community