Without Him, I am nothing.




Romans 7:18
For I know that nothing good dwells in me,
that is, in my flesh.
For I have the desire to do what is right,
but not the ability to carry it out.



Sometimes this really frustrates me. I want to do the right thing, the thing Jesus would do, the things He calls me to do...and yet reflexively I choose the easy road. I fall into gossip. I explode in anger. I tremble in fear. I hide in despair.

Ugh! But that is not who I am! I am gracious, loving, compassionate, brave, advenurous, hopeful....but not because that is my nature-because that is who I am in Christ. I forget about Christ more than I would like to admit. Not because I purposefully turn away but because I do not consciously turn toward Him.

And then there are those moments when I rely wholly on my Father...offering myself for His movement, His word, His work. These are the moments that help me laugh with Him at my own clumsiness. A Father loving His daughter as He invites her into His creative work of redemption.

Through Him, with Him, and in Him,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is Yours,
almighty Father, for ever and ever.
Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ in His Distressing Disguise

Blog Carnival-Seasons

Blog Carnival: Community