Question 3-What has God taught me from pain or sorrow or depression?

I don't know.

In fact, I really don't know.

Sorrow, well, that seems to be a place I have learned to lean into God more. I know His plans for me are good, so I trust Him with my heart and know He is with me in my grief.

Depression on the other hand is such a lonely place, a cold, dark place of abandon. I felt lost from God during those times. I trust Him, but I am bombarded by snickers and doubts. I try to follow Him, but it is as tho I am suddenly blind.

So, I don't know. Am I missing some great lesson? Maybe.

Help a sister out here....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Not sure i can help you here except to validate you.

Sometimes it feels like a choice to stay in that dark, cold place and other times it seems to be beyond my control.

I wonder if those who have been dx with depression are prisoners of genes, chemical imbalences or if fact they there by choice just unable to escape.

God has taught me that he will meet me where I AM AT!!! He doesn't always make the pain or sadness go away.

He does assure me he will hold my hand and will not give me more than i can handle. I know his presence mostly by the peace I feel when I am in that cold, dark place.


"My peace I give unto you, My peace I leave you"..Not as the world giveth...etc... love this verse too!!!


Sorry about all my typo's, spelling and poor grammer. I have never been anal about it and don't want to start.

Love you, goberette

Popular posts from this blog

Christ in His Distressing Disguise

Blog Carnival-Seasons

Blog Carnival: Community