"God's Eye" photo by Shawn Hinkle


Well, today is the last day of 2008. I wonder what the next year holds. But this I do know:

John 1:1-5
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being. What has come into being in him was life, and the life was the light of all people. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it.

The next year will hold the birth of a grandchild. It may hold transitions for dear friends which will cause sadness. But, no matter what the economy or the president or my church does, God is. God is in the midst of it all. God was before it and will be after it. Holding onto God is like looking out to the horizon to stabilize yourself when you are afraid of heights. He is my Level Ground. He is my Anchor. He is my Security.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a good thought for the new year. Thanks a bunch for 'following' my blog too! I hope you continue to enjoy it as much as I do. Happy new year and happy blogging!
Robin said…
Amen! That is a great way to start off the New Year with Jesus. God is God, Period. He's gonna do what He's gonna do to bring Glory to His Name!! Looking forward to seeing all that He is gonna accomplish in 2009. Jesus, come and shine in 2009!! I can't wait! Thanks too for the comment love :) I'll add u 2 my blogger bog roll.
Anonymous said…
Amen!

Happy new yer!

Popular posts from this blog

Christ in His Distressing Disguise

Blog Carnival-Seasons

Blog Carnival: Community