I have been feeling very quiet.

I love the season of Advent. I love the celebration of God becoming flesh to live among us. It's just weird. Why would He want to do that? It seems like a very un-god like thing to do (but I probably watched too many movies on Roman gods as a child). I just feel too small to talk about it.

Also, it ushers in this weird holiday of manic shopping and bursts of inadequacy with domestic squabbles and annoying relatives. That seems to miss the whole point of the season.

And so I just sit in quiet and meditate on the mysterious deliciousness of Immanuel.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Christmas is such a blend of worldly rush and mania and Godly peace and reflection.

I love it but I wish we could drop some of the worldly stuff!

Popular posts from this blog

Christ in His Distressing Disguise

Blog Carnival-Seasons

Blog Carnival: Community