Prayer for Today

My spirit is full, pleasantly satiated at this moment.  I find it curious that God remains hidden but yet is infused in it all. Less Himself and more Other-self.

The comfort of a relaxing shower and a favorite shirt, authentic conversation with a dear friend over a delicious cup of tea, an impromptu encounter with a sponsee and a meeting with beautiful women and warm hugs where truth is spoken and a new life practiced, shopping for delights both for creativity and physical sustenance...

An old sing-song prayer comes to mind: 

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

All goodness comes from Him. All sweetness comes from Him. All gifts of nourishment for body and spirit come from Him. He is present with me because He is life to me.

And then the whispers...all trials? All tribulations? I hesitate, not wanting to be blind but not able to dismiss the pain-or the grace. I look up where billowing silver clouds sail in front of a yellow and gray winter sky and am aware of how little of the world, and the greater story of humanity, that I know. God, author of this story, the Creator and the Finisher, probably has a very different perspective.  (These silly whispers, always trying to derail me.) But, yes, I believe trials can be good gifts from Him. I have witnessed it in my life. 

A glimpse of blue between clouds, the joyful greeting of the pups, preparing a warm meal for my husband, the fragrance of goulash filling the house, listening to a book being read with rhythmic diction as I crochet, my phone vibrating alerts of messages from friends...

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ in His Distressing Disguise

Blog Carnival-Seasons

Blog Carnival: Community