Get Well! 💛, the Light

It is so odd-
The tension between feeling and believing.
Take every thought captive...
But it seems the feelings take hostages first.

I want to believe;
Help me in my unbelief.
I want to get well;
Help me to stand and walk.

The darkness is real
Although it’s only power
 is to infiltrate and lie.
The Light can dispel this darkness-
Will dispel it-
 but perhaps not for me?
Definitely for you.

I know so many people
Infected with sickness of this dark.
The hissed lies take root and sprout.
The confusion swirls and twists
what was once known into:
“Did He really say...”
“Did He really mean...”

Old lies.
Old voices.
Old darkness.
Comes to revisit and stay a while.

You can leave now darkness,
We are not old friends,
no matter what the tune.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ in His Distressing Disguise

Blog Carnival-Seasons

Blog Carnival: Community