Externally Focused


Today I bought a book.  A child's book that tells the story of Mother Teresa, a heroine of mine growing up.  In the book, I found these verses:

Jesus is the word-to be spoken.
Jesus is the truth-to be told.
Jesus is the way-to be walked.
Jesus is the light-to be lit.
Jesus is the life-to be lived.
Jesus is the love-to be loved.
Jesus is the joy-to be shared.
Jesus is the sacrifice-to be offered.
Jesus is the peace-to be given.
Jesus is the bread of life-to be eaten.
Jesus is the hungry-to be fed.
Jesus is the thirsty-to be satiated.
Jesus is the naked-to be clothed.
Jesus is the homeless-to be taken in.
Jesus is the sick-to be healed.
Jesus is the lonely-to be loved.
Jesus is the unwanted-to be wanted.
Jesus is the leper-to wash his wounds.
Jesus is the beggar-to give him a smile.
Jesus is the drunkard-to listen to him.
Jesus is the mentally ill-to protect him.
Jesus is the little one-to embrace him.
Jesus is the blind-to lead him.
Jesus is the dumb-to speak for him.
Jesus is the crippled-to walk with him.
Jesus is the drug addict-to befriend him.
Jesus is the prostitute-to remove from danger and befriend.
Jesus is the prisoner-to be visited.
Jesus is the old-to be served.

~Mother Teresa

She said, "They are Jesus. Everyone is Jesus in a distressing disguise." She dared not defy Matthew 25:35-40,

"'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’... “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'"

for she knew when she was holding a starved, dying, and sick child - she was actually holding Jesus Christ in her arms.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ in His Distressing Disguise

Blog Carnival-Seasons

Blog Carnival: Community