Soul-stice

Jesus,
Lord of my life...
How are you my Lord and I am a mess?

I want to follow you so much that it twists my insides in the longing,
But my outsides remain frustrated, short tempered, and accused.

Lord of all creation...
You have power and authority over all things, 
But you have not brought this struggling soul into full submission. 

LORD...
You are the I AM, 
But I am in need, of nothing as much as your power. 

These defects, in response and in personality, strangle me,
Leeching the now and even the yet to be from me. 
They steal my hope and snatch the meager dreams that I dare. 

I am without shelter or care in this long night.
The full bodied moon mocks me as it dances playfully with sheer clouds.
I am alone. I am broken, and I am trapped within my brokenness. 

Change me. CHANGE ME. 

Lord, I beg. LORD, I beg.

But I know I am not worth your glance, your pause. 
I am inconsequential, I hear.
I am fine as I am, I whisper back.

No, I am not. 

I need you.

I need you to heal me-
Make me whole.
No longer bound by the past of which you freed me,
Help me to walk out of this prison.

LORD, Lord, yes, I want to get well! 
But all my efforts are ineffective. 
I need you. 

LORD 
Lord 

Jesus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ in His Distressing Disguise

Blog Carnival-Seasons

Blog Carnival: Community