Hide and seek


Ok, so maybe I am a complete goober, but God plays this game with me. I get to this place of feeling alone and this prayer sort of rises in the back of my throat...Dude, am I in the right place, am I really doing what you want me to do? Where are you? And, tho many may have a problem with me referring to the Almighty as "dude," He apparently doesn't mind the lack of formality since He tends to show up in this toe curling, get down on your knees and weep, way for me: grace.


Duh, you say? Yeah, probably not what you are thinking. I mean, a song about grace, an action of grace, a word of grace, GRACE! He has an awesome sense of humor.


I was at my sister's church this past Sunday and, well, it was nice enough, but just different. Ok, it really started off bland, to be honest. And then, sweet Jesus, just as I felt the prayer forming in my mind-I was knocked over with GRACE GRACE GRACE!!! (God is really an overachiever when it comes to this, if you haven't been blessed to discover already.) Songs after song about grace and my heart softened and tears fell and the Spirit filled the place, or at least the surrounding pews.


I have never known Him not to show up if I am willing to watch for Him.


On the way back as I was relating this story to my dear husband, we looked to the side and again, a billboard on grace. God likes to have the last word...amen!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ in His Distressing Disguise

Blog Carnival-Seasons

Blog Carnival: Community